One of the foundations of the Klein Collins Men’s Soccer Program is community service. As part of our program’s expectations, we want to teach our players to be good citizens in their community. As part of this expectation, each student-athlete will need to complete a minimum of two hours of community service each six weeks.
The Klein Collins Men's Soccer Program supports a variety of community organizations through its community service projects.
Roth Elementary School
Roth Elementary is in the feeder pattern for Klein Collins and the Tigers hope that their work there will help establish a positive relationship between the schools and with future Tigers. Klein Collins soccer players support Roth Elementary through two main activities.
First is our mentoring program where each week Tiger soccer players head to Roth to assist teachers in working with students. The goal of this mentoring program is for the soccer program to provide positive role models to the elementary students at Roth. To do this, players go over to Roth and perform different jobs to assist the faculty at Roth. Among these jobs are:
• reading to classes or to individuals
• mentor/tutor individual students
• interact with students Second is our assistance at Roth Field Day. Beginning in 2013, the Tiger soccer players head to Roth each year to assist with the school's field day by running the different games/stations.
Military Appreciation Night
For the last few seasons, the Tigers have designated one of their home games as Military Appreciation Night. At this game, the program honors all those who have served our country in the military.
In addition, the Tigers have supported the following organizations at Military Appreciation Night:
- Operation Interdepedence - the Tigers have collected various goods to be included in care packages sent to soldiers overseas
- Wounded Warrior Project - the Tigers have collected money to purchase back packs full of gear to aid Wounded Warriors in their recover
Since 2007, the Klein Collins Men's Soccer Program has supported the U.S. Soccer Foundation's PASSBACK Program. The Tigers have collected new and used soccer equipment and sent it to various groups that could use it. The items have been sent to the following groups and countries:
- Houston Scarborough High School feeder schools
- The Bridges Apartment Complex soccer program
- It Starts With Soccer
Periodically, the Tigers will conduct food drives to support either Spring Assistance Ministries or the food bank at Klein Collins High School.